Finding out about your destination
Once you’ve chosen your destination, you will want to find out as much about it as possible.
Once you’ve chosen your destination, you will want to find out as much about it as possible. The most common methods of doing this are:
- Internet – possibly the most exhaustive source of travel information, from discount hotels to government tourist bureaus, just about every destination will have some kind of site in which useful information can be found;
- Travel guide books, which contain useful information on weather, attractions, transport, accommodation, restaurants and safety;
- Information sessions – some travel agencies and tour operators host information sessions on particular countries, where you can listen to travel experts, and call on their expertise by asking questions;
- Government representatives – either a consulate or government tourism authority;
- Newspaper travel sections – many newspapers have devoted weekly travel magazines, which feature different travel stories and destinations.
At Korjo, we love to travel – and the last thing that we would want to do is discourage anyone from enjoying the amazing range of pleasures that travel can bring. Unfortunately, in our rapidly changing world, travel may not be as safe as we would like. Before deciding on your destinations, we encourage you to check for any travel warnings, and refer you to these useful sites:
USA – State Department